Microwave causes fire; no one injured

Published 10:58am Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Nobody was injured Saturday after a microwave started on fire and filled a northwest Austin home with smoke.

According to the police report, the 73-year-old homeowner’s microwave started on fire in the 1900 block of Second Avenue Northwest at 10:10 a.m. Saturday. Firefighters extinguished the flames and ventilated the house. According to the report, smoke was coming out of the front and back doors of the home.

 


By using this website’s user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of use. Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to this website.

Sign in to Comment | Need help commenting? Click here

Editor's Picks