Adams FD smothers fire in apartmentPublished 9:13am Thursday, April 11, 2013
Nobody was injured after a grease fire broke out Wednesday in Adams, but one tenant’s apartment received significant smoke damage, according to the Adams fire captain.
The grease fire broke out shortly after 1:30 p.m. at Prairie Trail Apartments, and Adams firefighters resolved the problem by covering a burning pan with another pan and carrying them outside, said Capt. Dave Sathre.
“You definitely can’t put water on them,” Sathre said. “You’re best off to smother them out.”
Firefighters had to remove the hood above the stove, and Sathre advised the tenant to stay out of the apartment until the smoke damage throughout that residence was cleaned.