Fire damages Albert Lea home

Published 4:59pm Sunday, March 24, 2013

A fire caused by a wood-burning chimney damaged a home north of Albert Lea Thursday night.

The fire at the home, on 740th Ave., reportedly started when fire from the chimney ignited linens in a nearby closet at about 10:30 p.m., according to the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office.

When deputies arrived, they saw smoke coming from the roof and attic.

Firefighters from Clarks Grove, Manchester, Hartland and Albert Lea Township responded.

Freeborn County Sheriff Bob Kindler said homeowners Galen and Sandra Bolinger got out safely before authorities arrived.

Though there was not much damage visible from the exterior, Kindler said there was extensive damage inside.

No damage estimates were available, and the fire remains under investigation.


By using this website’s user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of use. Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to this website.

Sign in to Comment | Need help commenting? Click here

Editor's Picks