Update: Firefighters contain Friday’s fire to living room
Austin firefighters responded to a house fire Friday night at 508 Fourth Avenue NW.outcome
A passerby reported the fire at about 10:13 p.m., according to police reports, and firefighters arrived at about 10:15 p.m. The family was not at home.
The fire was contained to a living room on the main floor of the two-story house, but there was smoke damage throughout, according to the fire department.
The homeowner was not home at the time of the fire; however, candles were left burning and a space heater was on, according to the Austin Police Departments reports.