Toddler in hospital after drinking bleach

Published 2:26pm Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A toddler is in the local hospital after he or she reportedly drank bleach on Monday near Brownsdale.

Deputies and EMTs went to 57768 280th St. near Brownsdale Monday after they received the call. According to the Mower County Sheriff’s office, the 2-year-old took the bleach, which was in a pop bottle, from under a kitchen sink. Someone reportedly gave the child liquids to drink after being advised by poison control. The child also vomited multiple times, according to the report.

Medics then took the child to Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin. No further details were released.


By using this website’s user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of use. Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to this website.

Sign in to Comment | Need help commenting? Click here

Editor's Picks